Pages

Monday, December 30, 2019

HAPPY HANDYMAN: Think safety first with Handi Treads clear grip tread - Chron.com

Published

Can you believe it is 2020? Where did 2019 go? I’m not really sure. I barely get the Christmas decorations put up before it’s time to put them up again. I hope your 2019 was great. But it’s 2020 and time to look forward.

I have been very lucky; I have never broken a bone. I am becoming well aware that the older I get, the possibility of me slipping in the tub, or stepping out of the shower and falling could change all that. But I am not at the point that I want to install a grab bar. Until they make “designer grab bars” I won’t install them. But I tell you what I will put in my shower - Handi Treads. Handi Treads are a clear grip tread that can be installed over tile, wood, laminate and concrete.

Now there are treads that can be installed over tile, but the minute that they are in constant contact with soap and water, they can fail. What I like about Handi Treads is that they are translucent and they can be trimmed with a pair of scissors. If you have a small 4 x 4 ceramic tile in the shower, you just trim them to fit inside the tile. Don’t lay the treads over the tile going across the grout. Just cut to fit, peel off the backing and lay them down. Place a safety net for yourself in the shower and where you would step walking out of the shower.

Do you have beautiful hardwood floors that are slippery? Have rugs been a tripping hazard? Translucent Handi Treads can be adhered to wooden stair case and not be an eyesore to your décor. I haven’t mentioned that Handi Treads are soft on your feet. They are not gritty. They are easy to clean. You can use these treads in areas like the camper, outside steps on the deck, your boat. We use to put treads on the water skies and these treads would have been softer on the foot.

I don’t want to forget to mention that these treads are great for dogs, too. If you bathe little Fido in the tub, put Handi Treads down so he has some traction. If you have ever caught yourself before a fall, thank your lucky stars and then install these traction enhancing treads where ever you need a little grip!

I will be going to two shows in the next two months. Have you been looking for a product but can’t find it? Call me and I will put it on the list!

Now to the email …

Question: What is the name of the kitchen cabinet cleaner/polish you recommended in one of your articles? I keep a list of all the useful household products you comment on but forgot to write this one down. Keep up the good work. Happy Holidays! Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and Peaceful, Happy & Healthy New Year 2020.

Answer: There are quite a few that I really like. For a quick clean up, Bona Wood Polish and Quick Shine Cabinet & Wood Polish. Both products bring a glow to the wood, but don’t leave any residue from silicone. For a deep clean on furniture that has been through storage or flood, then Howards Clean A Finish. Clean A Finish can be used on wood, upholstery and carpet, but I have only used it on wood.

A customer brought in a piece and we used it on the table top and she walked out with two bottles. If you have kitchen cabinets that you want to clean I would suggest Holloway House Wood Cleaner. It is a waterless formula that will remove old waxes, dirt and grime. I like it for kitchens because it will also give a soft glow to stained wood cabinets and the fragrance is nice because of the coconut scent. Not the usually scent you get with cleaners.

It was the first of wood cleaners that we had and I still love it for stained wood cabinets. Now don’t forget about Feed and Wax for cabinets, it will give you months of protection for wood whether you are using it on paneling, cabinets or furniture.

If you cannot find the products mentioned here locally, call 210-341-1573, go to www.happyhandyman. com or email happyhandyman2@yahoo.com.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"Happy" - Google News
December 30, 2019 at 07:00PM
https://ift.tt/2u4yeLA

HAPPY HANDYMAN: Think safety first with Handi Treads clear grip tread - Chron.com
"Happy" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2VPek0I
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment