Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Emma Watson Said She's “Happy” to Be Single in British Vogue Interview - Teen Vogue

Emma Watson has no problem with her single status; in fact, she's enjoying it. The Little Women star recently spoke to British Vogue about her career, activism, and relationship status, and the actor shared that she's approaching her 30th year with a bit of trepidation.

“I was like, ‘Why does everyone make such a big fuss about turning 30? This is not a big deal,'" she told the magazine about her 30th birthday, which is in April. “Cut to 29, and I’m like, ‘Oh my God, I feel so stressed and anxious. And I realise it’s because there is suddenly this bloody influx of subliminal messaging around. If you have not built a home, if you do not have a husband, if you do not have a baby, and you are turning 30, and you’re not in some incredibly secure, stable place in your career, or you’re still figuring things out … There’s just this incredible amount of anxiety.”

However, that doesn't mean Emma is busy looking for a partner. “I never believed the whole ‘I’m happy single’ spiel,” she shared. “I was like, ‘This is totally spiel.’ It took me a long time, but I’m very happy [being single]. I call it being self-partnered.”

This introspective moment makes a lot of sense for Emma, especially as the character she plays in the upcoming movie, Meg March, dreams of being married and having children. While Meg's journey may not seem to be as feminist as her sister Jo's, Emma thinks it's just as important and relevant. “With Meg’s character, her way of being a feminist is making the choice — because that’s really, for me anyway, what feminism is about,” she said. “Her choice is that she wants to be a full-time mother and wife. To Jo, being married is really some sort of prison sentence. But Meg says, ‘You know, I love him and I’m really happy and this is what I want. And just because my dreams are different from yours, it doesn’t mean they’re unimportant.'"

Little Women hits theaters on December 25, and we can't wait to see how Emma brings the iconic character of Meg to life — and how she moves forward in her career and personal life as she enters a major new decade.

Let us slide into your DMs. Sign up for the Teen Vogue daily email.

Want more from Teen Vogue? Check this out: Emma Watson’s Fashion Transformation

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"Happy" - Google News
November 05, 2019 at 11:07PM
https://ift.tt/2ChXPRS

Emma Watson Said She's “Happy” to Be Single in British Vogue Interview - Teen Vogue
"Happy" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2VPek0I
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment